Swansea’s Variety Show
May 18, 2020
Event postponed until a later date. Please follow us on social media to stay up to date.
The Big Heart of Swansea is hosting Swansea’s Variety Show – with a prize of £150 to spend in Swansea City Centre!
We welcome entrants from people aged 18 and over who live within a 20-mile radius of Swansea City Centre.
If you think you’ve got what it takes – or know someone with a talent to get Swansea talking – here’s how to enter:
- Create a video no longer than 4 minutes showcasing your talent! Whether that’s singing, dancing, comedy, art, poetry, acting, impressions or a musical instrument.
- Read the terms and conditions. If you’re happy to proceed, send your video to us through Facebook Messenger via The Big Heart of Swansea Facebook. The deadline for videos is 5pm on Thursday 28th May.
- We will choose our favourite 8 videos who will go through to the finals! These 8 videos will be posted to our Facebook page at 5pm on Friday 29th May.
- The video with the most likes by 7pm on Saturday 6th June will be the winner of £150 to spend in Swansea City Centre! We would also love to get the winner to go LIVE from our Facebook page to put on a mini-concert on the night that we announce the winner.
How to get people to like your video:
- Invite friends and family to like the Big Heart of Swansea Facebook page so they get notifications from us.
- Tag your friends and family in the comments section so they know exactly which post to like.
- Share with friends and family! Make sure they like the post on The Big Heart of Swansea Facebook page. Any likes on shares will not be counted.
The competition is just for fun. We would like to unite the community at this difficult time by providing some fun entertainment whilst continuing to support the Swansea BID businesses. Please don’t be disappointed if your entry does not make the final 8 as we are planning more virtual competitions and fun in the very near future. Make sure that you’ve liked our page on Facebook to stay up to date.
Terms and conditions
- Swansea’s Variety Show is a virtual talent show organised specifically to unite Swansea as a community and support businesses in the Swansea Business Improvement District.
- Entrants must be aged 18 and over and live within a 20-mile radius of Swansea City Centre.
- Entrants can enter individually or as a group. The group must strictly follow Government guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19 by either being from the same household or linking up virtually or creating a video montage of clips.
- The video can not be from a prior event and must be filmed from home.
- Swansea BID, The Big Heart of Swansea nor any individual member of the organising party accept any responsibility for copyright issues pertaining to any act. It is the responsibility of the entrant to seek permission for copyright from the copyright owner if required.
- The video will be shared publicly to the Big Heart of Swansea Facebook page and other social media channels and online media. Content may also be used on the BID or Big Heart of Swansea website and within other promotional materials.
- The £150 prize money will be sent to the winner and must be used within Swansea City Centre BID businesses. A list of businesses where the money can be spent will be provided.
- Entrants will not be accepted that use foul language or behaviour which may upset or be offensive to viewers.
- The winner must take a photo with their purchase/s from the prize money to be shared on The Big Heart of Swansea social media channels.
- All videos must be no longer than 4 minutes and we advise that you film in landscape.
- If you are a journalist wishing to cover the competition, we encourage you to use any of the content as long as a link is provided to our website and Facebook page.
- The winning entry will be the video with the most likes/reactions at 7pm on Saturday 6th June. Likes on re-shares of the videos will not be counted. Only likes on the original publication of the video from The Big Heart of Swansea Facebook page are included in the final count.
- We reserve the right to modify, cancel and limit the promotion at any time.