What to do this Easter with the kids
Mar 24, 2016
Who would have thought it… March has seen dry weather, blue skies and some days we’ve even had a bit of warm sun – but we didn’t hold our breath as the school holidays were on the way. And we all know what happen during the school holidays right?! Yep, that’s right… RAIN!
So we’ve done the hard work to bring together suggestions of what you can do in Swansea City Centre if the sun isn’t shining during the Easter holidays. Lots of FREE and low cost events!
Visit Vue cinema in Swansea City Centre for the Mini Mornings for just £1.99
- Capture the Flag (Fri 25th Mar &Sat 26th Mar at 10am)
- Goosebumps (Fri 25th Mar &Sat 26th Mar at 10.30am)
- A Warrior’s Tail (Fri 1st Apr & Sat 2nd Apr at 10am)
- Maya the Bee (Fri 8th Apr & Sat 9th April at 10.30am)
Friday 25th March – Easter Eggstravaganza – 12pm to 4pm – FREE
- Visit the Waterfront Museum for an eggciting family day out this Easter featuring cool crafts for kids, live music, a gallery trail and the chance to meet some real meerkats.
Friday 25th March – 10th April (excluding Sat 26th Mar) – Golden Egg Trail – 10am to 4pm – FREE
Sunday 27th March – Easter Sunday Movie: Shaun the Sheep Movie – 2.30pm – FREE
Monday 28th March – Easter Monday Movie: Minions 3D – 2.30pm- FREE
Tuesday 29th March – – Tallest Towers – 12.30pm to 3.3pm – FREE
- Put your construction hats on for this wobbly, fun, design challenge. Using K’Nex, test your building skills to create a tall stable tower and see how high you can go before it topples. Prizes will be awarded for the best design.
Friday 1st April – Little Mice Club: The Weather – 10.30am to 12pm – FREE
- Drop in with your little ones to enjoy bilingual play, song and crafts and meet Morys the Museum Mouse. Exclusively for preschool children and their parents or carers. (Under 5s)
Saturday 2nd April – Horrible History: The Keepers of the Castle – 1pm & 3pm – FREE
- Join The Merrymakers for a hilarious and irreverent ride through Welsh history. This show has sword fights, jousting, lovesick princes, boastful earls, hornpipe dancing, songs, witches, inaccurate accents and some of most terrible jokes you will ever hear.
Sunday 3rd April – Half Term Move: Jurassic 3D (12a) – 2pm – FREE
Monday 4th April – Bug Boxes – 12.30pm to 3.30pm – FREE
- Create your own mini springwatch and make a bug box, complete with magnifying lens to view the wonders of creepy crawlies in all their close up glory.
Thursday 7th April – Bug Science – 11.30am, 1pm & 3pm – FREE
- Learn about the amazing world of bugs, critters and creepy crawlies. With by TV’s science communicator Jon Chase.
Eat & Play for just £8.49 (for children) & £10.99 (for adults) during the Easter holidays (includes 2 games and a burger meal each). Available Monday to Friday untill 5pm Visit the website to book online
OR use your Swansea Loyalty Card to get the BOGOF offer
Wales’ biggest indoor waterpark based here in Swansea City Centre – open 7 days a week 9am to 8pm during the school holidays (up to 10th April)
Something sure to wear the kids out this Easter and open between 12pm and 10pm during the school holidays.. From £4 per game (off peak Mon – Thu)
Kidszone every Sunday 10.30am – midday Ages 8 – 16. £7.50 for 3 games. Booking in advance is required
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the big red curtains at the Grand Theatre? If so, then you’ll love the ‘Behind the Scenes’ tour on Saturday 26th March at 10am.
Get up close to some new, never seen before at Plantasia exotic animals
New Animal Encounters
Enjoy the unique Plantasia experience whilst getting face to face with the likes of a Bearcat, Coatimundi, Burmese Python, Red Tegu, Harris Hawk, a Bosc Monitor and a Meerkat!
Tuesday 29th March – Thursday 31st March 2016
Four shows a day: 10.30 am, 12.00 noon, 2.15 pm and 3.15 pm.
Adult £5.50 Child £4.50.
Have you ever wanted to get up close to lizards and reptiles, hold giant snails or even dare to get close to snakes?
- Tuesday 5th April to Thursday 7th April 2016
- Four shows a day – 10.30am, 12 noon, 2.00 pm & 3.15 pm
Adult £5.50 Child £4.50.
Due to popularity pre booking is essential. Visit the Plantasia website for more details
8. Quadrant Shopping Centre – FREE Children’s Craft Activity
Visit the Quadrant Shopping Centre on Thursday 31st March between 10am and 4pm for the craft workshop – paint your paint pot, plant your flower and take it home to watch it grow!
Visit Swansea City Centre this Easter for plenty of things to do with the children!
Don’t forget, parking at all City Centre NCP car parks is still just £3 for 3 hours!