Road closures for the Swansea Half Marathon 2015
Jun 12, 2015
Due to the nature of the event, attracting up to 10,000 spectators and volunteers there are a number of road closures on Sunday 14th June including no access to the Lower Oxford Street car park. Please allow extra time if you are planning to visit Swansea City Centre during this time.
The following road closure plan has been put into place for the Swansea City Centre area (for a full list of closures for the event, click here:
Road Closure Plan:
• 07:00–‐Closure of Tawe Bridge (westbound) This will remain in place for the duration of the event.
• The following junctions and access points will be closed from 07:00 to 13:00
• Junction at West Way and Tesco (eastbound, traffic diverted up via West Way)
• Junction at Somerset Place and Oystermouth Road.
• Bus Lane on the Kingsway from the junction of College Street to Dillwyn St.
• Plymouth Street to Oxford Street.
• Union Street and Oxford Street.
• Castle Street to junction of Wind Street
(PARKING RESTRICTIONS WILL BE IN PLACE FROM 21:00 ON THE 13TH JUNE 2015)
• Caer Street to junction of Wind Street.
• Rolling Road Closure & Access Points:
• 08:00-‐ Closure of LC junction –‐ West Way Junction (west bound)
• 08:45 –‐ 09:45 Closure of Dunvant Place Junction .No left turn from 08:00.
• 08:10 –‐Closure of Sketty Lane Junction (west bound)
• 08:10–‐10:45 –‐ Closure of Mumbles Road from Mayals Road Junction to Knab Rock car park (west–bound only, east bound traffic from Mumbles is still active).
• 10:45 Mumbles Road to reopen from Swansea Museum Junction (west bound).