NHS COVID PASS: Your pass to enjoying Swansea City Centre
Oct 21, 2021
As the festive season approaches, it’s safe to say we’re looking forward to making up for lost time and 2020’s missed Christmas get-togethers. It’s time to don our glad rags and visit our favourite city centre venues; but there’s a new addition to our night-outs, in a bid to keep Wales Covid-safe.
The NHS COVID PASS is now in play, meaning you need to show your pass before you enter key venues to prove that you are either fully vaccinated or have tested negative.
When do I need a NHS COVID PASS?
You will need a COVID PASS if you are planning to visit:
- nightclubs and similar venues
- unseated indoor venues with more than 500 people in the audience
- any outdoor or indoor unseated venues with a capacity over 4,000
- any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance. However, there are specific exemptions for outdoor events which are not ticketed; meaning the magical Swansea Christmas Parade and Fireworks displays are exempt of this rule. Read more here.
Who can get an NHS COVID PASS?
You can get an NHS COVID Pass if you are over 16 and one of the following applies:
- you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- you have tested negative for COVID-19 (lateral flow test taken 48 hours before event or attending venue). You will need to report your result here. Results emailed or sent by text message are also considered proof of a negative test.
How to get a COVID PASS?
Digital COVID Passes must be requested from the NHS UK website. You cannot use the NHS app to get the COVID Pass if you live in Wales.
Get your NHS COVID PASS (on nhs.uk)
Click here for more information about the PASS and if you were vaccinated outside of the UK